Diane M. Brauchle, CMR
Phone Number: 973-948-5084
Lori Nienstedt, RMC, MBA, CMR
Phone Number: 973-948-5566
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Marriage License Certificates
Note: The $28 fee is being waived for marriage license applications, effective July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023
Applicants may schedule appointments for Marriage Licenses by phone with the Township Registrar of Vital Statistics by calling 973-948-5566. Payment for the marriage license ($28) must be paid at the time of applicants’ submission. A mandatory 72-hour wait time begins once the application for the marriage license is processed. Once a certificate is issued, the marriage certificate is good for 30-days and must be returned to the Registrar in the municipality where the marriage ceremony is taking place within five days of the marriage ceremony.
For key information on entering into a Marriage or Civil Union, please see the PDF Information on Entering a Marriage or Civil Union in New Jersey
Certified Copies of Birth, Death, and Marriage Licenses
Residents must provide an application and remit payment for all copies giving at least 24-hour’s notice to receive certified copies of all vital records. Out-of-state or mailed applications must be accompanied by notarized letters signed by eligible recipients along with payment ($10 per copy).
Who is authorized to receive a certified copy of a death certificate?
You can request a copy of a death certificate in person or by mail. If you request a copy of the death certificate in person, you will receive a certified copy at that time. All certified copies contain the official stamp of the Township of Frankford. The person requesting a death certificate will need valid photo identification.
Proof of relationship to the person named on the record is required.
The following persons are authorized to obtain a certified copy of a record:
- The parents of the person listed on the record
- A child of the person named on the record, if of legal age (You will need to show your own birth certificate)
- A sibling of the person named on the record (You will have to show a certified copy of your birth certificate)
- The current spouse (You must present a certified copy of your marriage)
- A legal representative (You will be required to show a court order)
- A guardian with legal custody of a minor child (You will have to show the court order)
- A federal, state, or local government agency for official use only. Identification is required
Can I authorize another person to obtain a certified copy of a death certificate?
You can authorize another person to obtain a copy of the death certificate on your behalf. The applicant must provide a notarized letter that includes the name of the decedent’s name as it appears on the record, the decedent’s date and place of death. Include the name of the person authorized to obtain a copy of the record. The person authorized to receive the death certificate will be required to submit a valid form of identification.
Where can I get a certified copy of a death certificate?
Apply in person or send your written request to our office the Frankford Municipal Building, 151 US HWY 206, Augusta, NJ 07822. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What will I need to do to obtain a certified copy of a death certificate by mail?
If you send your application by mail, please provide the following information or print a copy of the application (PDF) to request a certificate and complete the Death section:
- The decedent’s full name as it appears in the record
- The decedent’s mother’s full maiden name
- The decedent’s father’s full name (if listed on the record)
- The exact date of death
- The exact place of death
- Attach copies of your proof of relationship to the individual identified on the record
- Indicate the number of copies needed, and the reason for which you are applying for the death certificate (to obtain a passport, driver’s license, registration for school, marriage, etc.)
- Include your telephone number
How much does a certified copy of a death certificate cost?
The cost for a certified copy is $10 for each copy purchased.
Credit cards are not accepted. Cash, personal checks or money orders addressed to the Township of Frankford are acceptable.
How can I reach the Frankford Registrar?
Please contact us at 973-948-5566, ext. 226 if you need to speak to the Registrar.
Several notaries are on staff throughout the week at the Municipal Building. Appointments for notarial acts are required and can be made by calling the Registrar’s office.
Forms and Applications
Registrar applications and forms may be found on the municipal Applications and Forms page.