Frankford Township Recycling
The community recycling center is located on Wantage Ave.
Keith Whitehead: Recycling Center Supervisor
Diane M. Brauchle, CRP, SRMP: Certified Recycling Professsional
The hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the following 2023 dates:
Schedule is subject to change.
The last dates for 2022 are December 30 and 31.
We DO take:
- newspaper, cardboard, and magazines (empty and flatten boxes)
- commingled recycling
- plastic bottle and food containers (including berry boxes and yogurt cups)
- glass bottles and jars (labels are ok)
- metal cans only
- white appliances and scrap metal
We DO NOT take:
- car batteries / batteries
- propane tanks
Smart Tips to Recycle Right
- NO plastic bags or plastic wrap
- empty or flatten boxes
- rinse containers before recycling
Tire Disposal Days
8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Frankford Township Residents Only.
Please note that all permits will be issued in April and October. Permit fees for disposal of tires must be paid in advance at the Municipal Building prior to the drop off.
- Automobile Tires (no rims): $3.00
- Truck Tires (not to exceed 1100/20): $6.00
- No transactions will be permitted at the Recycling Center.
Leaf Collection Schedule
Lawn leaf bags will be picked up during the months of October and November. Please contact the DPW at 973-948-4230 to schedule your pickup.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Christmas trees will be picked up during the month of January. Please contact the DPW at 973-948-4230 to schedule your tree pickup.
Municipal parking lot; 9 a.m. to noon
Other Recycling Offered at Sussex County Municipal Utilities
- Household Hazardous Waste Events
- Electronic Recycling - TV's, computers, printers free any day. Other electronics free on Event Days
- Bulk Waste
- Cooking oil
- Used oil/antifreeze
- Auto and rechargeable batteries
- Packaging foam
- Monthly Shredding on 3rd Friday of each month. $7/bag